Promoting local sustainability and encouraging responsible consumer decisions are crucial aspects of every adult who is answerable for the environment around them. In short, these are also critical aspects for nurturing a healthier, safer, biodegradable, and environmentally conscious marketplace. Here is how you can promote sustainable consumer choicer in your community
By providing products and services that are intrinsically aligned with local sustainability practices and values, local shop owners and businesses can empower the populace to make more informed choices on a day-to-day basis. By doing so, the carbon emissions would lessen, their respective local economies would grow, and natural resources will be preserved. Therefore, it is necessary for businesses to actively engage with their consumers and educate them on greener choices.
Approximately 80% of consumers say they consider sustainability in their day-to-day decisions, yet only 1-7% of consumers report paying a premium for sustainable products and services today. Business owners believe consumers are not ready to commit to their convictions and this is a problem that needs to be dealt with tactics that can make them follow their righteous beliefs. Here’s how Organizations and Businesses can strategize their sales to promote sustainable customer choices:
- Let them make the right choices:
- Reducing the availability of plastic bags or charging the customers for them can increase awareness and make the consumers choose whether they’d like to bring their own handbag to a grocery shopping which saves them that one extra cent and also saves the environment steadily by implementing a decrease of plastic bags in their local areas.
- Businesses could also use biodegradable bags which are made up of Canvas, nylon, polyester, or recycled plastic bags. They can either hand them out for free or charge them for it which in turn has the same psychological effect on the consumers to ultimately make the better choice for their wallets and the environment.
- Offer more sustainable products and services:
- Produce products or services that are more environmentally friendly, ethically produced, and possess a lowered carbon footprint
- Ensure that sustainability is integrated into the core of your offerings
- Certifications and verified labels:
- Display relevant certifications (e.g.; Fair Trade, TCO Certified, Green Guard, USDA Organic, Global Organic Textile Standard, and many more) that provide verification of your products to ensure compliance for the consumers to have faith in.
- Implement recognized eco-labels and symbols to make it easier for customers to identify sustainable products
- Price Incentives:
- One of the oldest tricks in the books to motivate consumers to do good for themselves and their environment and local industries, you offer them discounts for choosing eco-friendly options whilst purchasing a particular item.
- Include them in loyalty programs, possibly provide them with a special hand-out or a card only they can use to make their purchases environmentally conscious for which they can avail loyalty points.
- Feature Cost savings:
- Highlight the importance of long-term cost savings accustomed to sustainable choices (e.g.; An Air conditioner with a built-in inverter would save a lot in utility bills).
- User-Friendly Information:
- The best way to reach the populace in these modern times is through modern technology, you can provide a shortcut, hyperlink, or even a QR code at the back of your product to direct the consumers to a website that would present them easy-to-easy-to-understand information on why to make their way to sustainable options
- Businesses could also simply place up a slogan or a targeted paragraph for sustainable reasons that’s easygoing but also strengthens the message behind the text so that the consumers may be morally forced to make the right choice.
- Community Service:
- Businesses and Organizations alike can host events, charity drives, and clean-up drives and provide bonuses to the consumers who partake in these events to encourage more manpower.
- Encourage consumers to provide feedback on ways their local businesses can improve their sustainability efforts. This also provides them with an entitlement and a sense of ownership and involvement in the program
- Keeping track:
- Provide an insight into how much they have improved on their sustainable choices and the mark-ups achieved and report it on a daily basis on their local shops as banners or mainly on their website that shows the consumers the progress the organization has made on being eco-friendly
- Employee training:
- Make sure your employees are well aware of the company’s beliefs in the sustainability of their workplace and their local establishment area, to have them well educated on the topic of eco-friendly decisions so that they may aid the consumers in making the right choices.
We happily bring forth a place where you can juggle ideas safely on a platform titled “Strake”. Sign up at www.strake.app and be a part of something that will lead to solutions that could uplift our economic standing and quality of life!